Gifts of Life Insurance
How It Works
- You transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to BrightFocus Foundation* and/or its program(s).
- BrightFocus* elects to cash in the policy now or hold it.
- Make a gift using an asset that you and your family no longer need.
- Receive an income tax deduction.
- In some cases, you can use the cash value in your policy to fund a life-income gift, such as a deferred gift annuity.
*BrightFocus programs are Alzheimer's Disease Research, Macular Degeneration Research and National Glaucoma Research